Join us by taking and signing the Digital Equity Pledge below:
I do hereby affirm the commitment to work with students, educators, families, and members of our community to become creating Digital Equity by engaging in a wide range of activities such as:
- Fostering and Leading a Culture of Digital Learning Within Our Schools. Work collaboratively to transform teaching and learning using the power of technology to help drive continuous improvement. Work together to protect student privacy and to teach students to become responsible, engaged, and contributing digital citizens.
- Helping Schools and Families Transition to High-speed Connectivity. Support the use of a comprehensive diagnostic assessments of the public school’s technology infrastructure and develop a sustainable plan to ensure broadband classroom connectivity and wireless access. Work with community partners to leverage local, state, and federal resources to support home Internet access outside of traditional school hours.
- Empowering Educators through Professional Learning Opportunities. Strive to provide everyone with access to personalized learning opportunities and instructional experts that give teachers and leaders the individual support they need, when they need it. Provide tools to help teachers effectively leverage learning data to make better instructional decisions.
- Accelerating Progress Toward Universal Access for All Students to Quality Devices. Work with necessary stakeholders to ensure that all students and educators across the district have regular access to devices for learning. Develop tools to support a robust infrastructure for managing and optimizing safe and effective use of technology, so students have opportunities to be active learners, creating and sharing content, not just consuming it.
- Providing Access to Quality Digital Content. Align, curate, create, and consistently improve digital materials and apps used in the support of learning. Use carefully selected high quality digital content that is aligned to college and career ready standards as an essential part of daily teaching and learning. Support teachers in being able to share, discover, and adapt openly-licensed materials and teaching plans.
- Offering Digital Tools to Help Students And Families Reach Higher. Make digital resources available that help access expanded college, career, and citizenship opportunities. Promote ways to leverage technology to expand equity through digital activities such as completion of the FAFSA online, virtual counseling services, college scholarship search tools, and online advising access, all of which help to return America to the nation in the world with the highest college completion rate.
- Mentoring Others and Helping Them Transition to Digital Learning. Work to design, implement, and share technology plans.